Senior Market Insights Analyst (Sugar)
As data is at the heart of Vesper’s existence, our Research Team provides the core of our product. Data and knowledge is what motivates us and connects us with the rest of Vesper, as our knowledge drives all other teams. The will to dive deep into the commodity markets, the drive to understand key parameters and the skill to ask the right questions are the pillars of our Vesper platform. As our Market Insights Analyst, you will contribute to much sought after insights on and expertise of the sugar market, which will be consulted by people in sugar markets globally. Your insights and contributions will help build a market intelligence platform supporting decision making at the highest level. Your work will be at the very heart of market analysis and insights at Vesper. By interacting and working together with key sugar industry players, your work will help create transparency and a fair playing field in the commodity industry. Furthermore, you will guide more junior colleagues and be one of the go-to people for market insights related questions from different stakeholders (Customer Success, Developers, Product Owners, etc..).
What you will be doing
- Analyze fundamental market trends and sugar price drivers such as futures markets, their spreads, basis behaviour and arbitrages
- Write leading market perspectives for our users, partners and online subscribers establishing Vesper’s reputation as the thought leader on sugar intelligence.
- Create weekly valuable market insights by combining market sentiment and Vesper Data.
- Lead, develop and present webinars to expand our reach and share our expertise
- Translate market insights and user feedback into actionable additions for our Vesper sugar platform
- Connect with our users and key figures in the sugar market for potential collaborations
- Share knowledge with your colleagues on developments in the market and key market dynamics
- Strengthen our forecasting algorithms in collaboration with Data Science Team
What you will bring
- BSc or MSc degree in any beta related study
- 4-7 years of working experience in the sugar industry
- Good knowledge and understanding of the sugar supply chain globally
- A proven network within the sugar industry, where you 1) know who are the key players in the sugar industry, 2) have an understanding of how to provide solutions for them and 3) have the desire to expand your network
- A solid understanding of how to navigate through large data sets, apply problem solving skills and statistical techniques in order to derive actionable insights
- An eagerness to learn and develop yourself and others around you
- Fluent English in writing and spoken business
- Flexibility in a fast-paced environment, learn quickly and adapt to a changing product
- Creativity throughout your work: in ways to construct relevant and reliable new data or insights, but also the ability to write attractive reports
What you get
- Data is at the heart of Vesper’s existence. You can help continue building our database that will have a major impact on the commodity industry
- International team of 60+ people from all over the world and an inclusive culture
- A flat company structure with an entrepreneurial environment with lots of autonomy and trust
- Fantastic nurturing team with a collaborative spirit, hungry for growth and knowledge
- Professional development opportunities that will help YOU and Vesper grow
- Environment that supports both personal and collective learning
- Work hard - play hard mentality and inquisitive mindset
- A chance to see your work make a real difference in the real world and change a traditional business impacting every day of our lives
- Great hangouts with brilliant people
- A beautiful canal-view office located in the heart of Amsterdam
- Some additional cool perks – MacBook Pro, fun monthly team activities, flexible office hours, Friday drinks, company sport tournaments, and more than that!