Part-time Data Analyst
As data is at the heart of Vesper’s existence, our Research Team provides the core of our product. Data and knowledge is what motivates us and connects us with the rest of Vesper, as our knowledge drives all other teams. The will to dive deep into the commodity markets, the drive to understand key parameters and the skill to ask the right questions are the pillars of our Vesper platform. The team is growing and we are now looking for a Data Analyst (part - time).
As our new Data Analyst, your mission it so make sure that the level of analysis and data of various commodity markets is at the highest level. With this new data, the team will be able to create new market overviews and contribute to the expansion of Vesper's knowledge of the commodity market.
What you will be doing:
- Find new and missing data and insights to be added to the platform
- Understand and translate users needs into actionable additions for the platform with our Product team
- Understand the key players in the industry (e.g. main competitors or potential partners)
- Provide support to research projects with other team members
- Assess attractiveness and feasibility of entering new sub-markets
What you will bring
- Quantitative skills: A solid understanding of how to navigate through large data sets, apply problem solving skills and statistical techniques in order to derive actionable insights
- Currently studying Bachelor's or Master's degree (or equivalent experience of any field). Economical or science background is a plus.
- Ability to manage time, priorities and planning through a variety of simultaneous projects
- Strong self-motivation and willingness to learn and deal with industries
- Eagerness to become independent
- Basic knowledge of analytical tools (e.g. Excel, Python, R)
What you get:
- Data is at the heart of Vesper’s existence. You can help continue building our database that will have a major impact on the commodity industry
- A fun, young and innovative atmosphere
- An entrepreneurial environment where you learn more every day
- Personal responsibility with a ton of autonomy and growth potential
- A chance to see your work make a real difference and change a traditional business that is impacting every day of our lives
- A fantastic location in the city center of Amsterdam
- Great hangouts with brilliant people