Market Insights Analyst (VegOil)
Our Research Team is the basis for all the new intelligence within Vesper. All data and knowledge entered should be accurate, well organized, validated and checked on quality. The will to dive deep into the matter and ask the right questions is how we differentiate ourselves from the traditional commodity trading business. As our new Market Insights Analyst for the vegetable oil markets, your mission is to make sure that the analysis and data of the vegetable oil commodity markets is at the highest level. As you will be scouting, researching, gathering and analyzing data in current commodity markets for our organization, you will be the basis of analysis at Vesper. Here, communication with external partners and our users will be key. Furthermore, you will guide more junior colleagues and be one of the go-to people for data-related questions from different internal stakeholders (Customer Success, Developers, Product Owners, etc..).
What you will be doing
- Search, study and analyze information within (agricultural) commodity markets
- Finding new relevant data sources, testing the sources on relevance, quality and validity, and implementing new data.
- Connecting the dots: Develop insight-driven and high impact market insights, find ways to cover gaps in global data sets and develop (new) relevant calculations
- Further grow our intelligence and expertise through research, expert interviews and (online) participation in trade shows and/or congresses
- Strengthen our forecasts in collaboration with Data Science Team
- Research future business opportunities for Vesper
- Share market knowledge for internal use
What you will bring
- BSc or MSc with economical/mathematical proficiency: e.g., economics, finance or beta related schooling
- 0-3 years of experience in a similar role
- Excellent analytical skills
- Background in (agricultural) commodities is a big plus
- Experience with SQL and Excel or Python
- Proactive team player with excellent communication, listening and organizational skills.
- Eager to learn and develop yourself and others around you.
- Fluent in written and spoken business English is a must
- Dutch native is a plus
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, learn quickly and adapt to a changing product
- Creativity to find ways to construct relevant and reliable new data or insights
What you get
- Data is at the heart of Vesper’s existence. You can help continue building our database that will have a major impact on the commodity industry.
- You will, together with Team Data Research & Analytics, explore new markets for Vesper and be a key player in expansion.
- You will interact, together with key players, to create transparency and a fair playing field in the commodity industry.
- A fun, young and innovative atmosphere
- An entrepreneurial environment where you learn more every day
- Personal responsibility with a ton of autonomy and growth potential
- A chance to see your work make a real difference in the real world and change a traditional business that is impacting every day of our lives
- A fantastic location in the city center of Amsterdam
- Great hangouts with brilliant people