Machine Learning Engineer
MACHINE LEARNING ENGINEER
Who we are
Vesper is the fastest growing commodity intelligence platform in the market. Trusted and loved by some of the world’s largest companies (Nestlé, Cargill, Danone), we combine the latest in data science and artificial intelligence with deep domain expertise, as we set out to transform this enormous and traditional industry with cutting-edge tech. Vesper provides the eyes, ears and number-crunching advantage to buyers, sellers and commodity professionals; offering a real-time, personalized user-friendly view of the global commodity marketplace.
And our journey is just getting started!
After a successful launch and campaign to become leading in the dairy industry, Vesper is now expanding rapidly. We’re setting out to capture other commodity markets, provide new service offerings, and continue to delight our customers with the greatest commodity intelligence product on the market.
We are building a team of passionate and talented people who are eager to contribute to this growth and help us write our story.
What you will be doing
For our Data Science team, we are currently recruiting a Machine Learning Engineer.
Are you keen to work with a fun team taking on challenging and diverse projects with a lot of freedom in approach?
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Continuously work on maintaining and improving our time series forecasting and NLP projects
- Identifying new possibilities to utilize data science within Vesper
- Identifying points of improvement in our current processes and approaches
- Working together with more junior team members and helping them to improve their skills
- Making sure to stay up-to-date with the latest technological developments
- Maintaining and improving our machine learning pipelines (MLOps)
What you will bring
- Good communications skills, being able to work with people from different teams (e.g. Sales, Data Research)
- Experience with time series forecasting and NLP
- Experience with bringing projects into production
- 3-6 years of experience in related work
- STEM Master’s degree
- Taking initiative, being able to lead projects (Results-oriented, proactive and decisive)
- Fluency in Python
- A curious and creative mindset
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment, learn quickly and adapt to a changing product
- An open-minded attitude: enjoy working with people from other cultures and respect cultural differences
What you will get:
- Being part of the coolest team out there
- Responsibility for your own projects
- Clean and well-organized data
- International team of 60+ people from all over the world and an inclusive culture
- A flat company structure with an entrepreneurial environment with lots of autonomy and trust
- Fantastic nurturing team with a collaborative spirit, hungry for growth and knowledge
- Professional development opportunities that will help YOU and Vesper grow
- Environment that supports both personal and collective learning
- Work hard - play hard mentality and inquisitive mindset
- A chance to see your work make a real difference in the real world and change a traditional business impacting every day of our lives
- Great hangouts with brilliant people
- A beautiful canal-view office located in the heart of Amsterdam
- Some additional cool perks – MacBook Pro, fun monthly team activities, flexible office hours, Friday drinks, company sport tournaments, our infamous “Vesper Mario Kart cup’, and more than that!